Showcasing our fabulous regional produce, entice yourself with our seasonally changing, Modern Australian cuisine.
As our menus are changed seasonally, some items may vary.
Photography by Johanna Leddin, plates by the very talented Bridget Bodenham, food by Ray and Santi.
Sault Autumn Menu
The word tapas means ‘cover’ and comes from the old Spanish tradition of covering drinks in bars and restaurants with a piece of bread or a slice of jamon to stop flies and insects from taking a sip. Enjoy our tapas and other items produced by the chefs at Sault, led by our Spanish-born head chef, Santiago Nine-Fernandez.
If you have any allergies or dietary intolerance’s, please see our dietary menu with further details on menu ingredients
- Baked almonds, Murray River salt, dried black olives, chili 3.50
- Mediterranean-style marinated Manzanilla olives 3.75
Tapas from the paddock
- Sher Wagyu beef empanadas, chorizo, piquillo pepper (2 per serve) 9.50
- Soft taco of free-range chicken, corn tortilla, mojo rojo, red bean purée, avocado, tomato and chili relish, coriander (2 per serve) 14.50
- Duck liver parfait, Pedro Ximenez jelly, brioche 11.50
Tapas from the sea
- Grilled scallop, sobrassada, cauliflower purée, tapioca caviar (2 per serve) 12.50
- Basque-style blue swimmer crab, chickpea crisp, potato and saffron aioli 14.50
- Grilled octopus, confit potato, black garlic aioli, edamame bean, smoked paprika, olive oil 16.50
Tapas from the garden
- Organic beetroot, Meredith goats cheese, liquorice, roasted hazelnuts 10.50
- Manchego cheese and sundried tomato croquettes, tomato powder, romesco (2 per serve) 8.50
- Sault’s Spanish omelette: 63°C free-range egg, crispy potato, potato foam, chive hollandaise 11.50
Something more substantial
- Herb-crusted lamb loin, slow-cooked lamb belly, roast carrots, spinach and lovage purée 26 / 35
- Roast corn-fed duck breast, confit pear, salted almond cream, baby turnips, saba 36
- 48-hour braised Hopkins River Beef oyster blade, mushroom, mustard, radish, capers 27 / 36
- Musquée de Provence pumpkin gnocchi, San Simon cheese fondue, curry-citrus purée, salted pumpkin seed praline 31
- Fish of the day (Market Price)
Accompaniments from the garden
- Triple-cooked royal blue potatoes topped with aioli and brava sauce 9
- Green beans with chorizo crumbs, spring onions, cashews, poached quail egg 9.50
- Seasonal green salad, garden herbs, green vegetables, pistachio, herb dressing 9
- Kennedy and Wilson dark chocolate fondant tart, chestnut and vanilla cream, aged rum and raisin ice-cream, organic cocoa nibs 16 (please allow 15 mins cooking time)
- Musquée de Provence pumpkin cheesecake, white chocolate, poached quince, quince paste, red wine ice-cream 16
- Organic apple tart, salted caramel, apple pie ice-cream, almond crumble 16.50 (please allow 15 mins cooking time)
- Affogato: Vanilla bean ice-cream, espresso, Frangelico, vanilla and hazelnut biscuits 16.50
- Sault’s selection of regional and Spanish sourced cheese with condiments and breads (3 cheeses) 19.50
- * All desserts may contain nuts, please advise of any nut allergy when ordering dessert so that we can alter it if possible.
Tea & Coffee
Sault uses UTZ certified sustainable coffee beans
- Espresso 3.70
- Latte, Flat White, Cappuccino, Long Black, or Macchiato 4.20 (50c extra for soy milk)
- Iced Coffee / Iced Chocolate 6.70
- Hot Chocolate 5.00
- Tea – English breakfast, Earl Grey 4.20
- Herbal Tea – Lemongrass and Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Lavender and Daintree, or Green 4.50
Dessert Wines & After Dinner
- Telmo Rodriguez ‘MR’ Moscatel 60ml / 500ml, Spain 15/82.50
- De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ 60ml / 375ml, NSW 11.00/56.00
- Patrizi Moscato D’Asti, DOCG – Piedmont, Italy 9.50/39.00
- Port, Muscat, 60ml 10.50
- Rutherglen Tokay 60ml 11.50
- Pedro Ximenez 60ml 12.50
- 12 year aged Tawny Port 60ml 12.50
- Penfolds Grandfather Port 60ml 18.00
- Courvoisier Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Hennessy Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Amaretto, Avellanas, Armagnac, Baileys, Calvados, Cointreau, Frangelico or Nocello – 30ml 9.50/45ml 12.50
Our tasting menu is crafted following traditional recipes of the Spanish gastronomy and inspired by ancient cookbooks and techniques, designed by our head chef Santiago Fernandez. View the Sault Tasting Menu or the Tasting Menu with dietary info. Tasting menu changes every few weeks.
Sault is committed to using and sourcing only the freshest quality produce available. Due to seasonal inconsistencies, occasionally dishes may need to be substituted or altered.
Sault is a proud member of the Daylesford Macedon Produce Group.
AMEX card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge