Showcasing our fabulous regional produce, entice yourself with our seasonally changing, Modern Australian cuisine.
As our menus are changed seasonally, some items may vary.
Photography by Johanna Leddin, plates by the very talented Bridget Bodenham, food by Ray and Santi.
Sault Summer Menu
The word tapas means ‘cover’ and comes from the old Spanish tradition of covering drinks in bars and restaurants with a piece of bread or a slice of jamon to stop flies and insects from taking a sip. Enjoy our tapas and other items produced by the chefs at Sault, led by our Spanish-born head chef, Santiago Nine-Fernandez.
If you have any allergies or dietary intolerances, please see our dietary menu with further details on menu ingredients
- Baked almonds, Murray River salt, dried black olives, chili 3.50
- Mediterranean-style marinated Manzanilla olives 3.75
Tapas from the paddock
- Sher Wagyu beef empanadas, chorizo, piquillo pepper (2 per serve) 9.50
- Mini soft taco of free-range chicken, mojo rojo, red bean purée, avocado, tomato relish, coriander (2 per serve) 14.50
- Duck liver parfait, Pedro Ximenez jelly, brioche 11.50
Tapas from the sea
- Grilled scallop, sobrassada, cauliflower purée, tapioca caviar (2 per serve) 12.50
- Spanner crab remoulade, avocado, salmon roe, samphire 14
- Grilled octopus, confit potato, black garlic aioli, edamame bean, smoked paprika, olive oil 16.50
Tapas from the garden
- Organic heirloom tomato – five ways; Baked, tartar, sorbet, gazpacho and marinated, herbs, extra virgin olive oil 12
- Tempura zucchini flower stuffed with Manchego cheese and sundried tomato, hazelnut romesco 8
- Sangria-marinated watermelon, buffalo mozzarella, rocket 12 – served with jamon serrano – 15
Something more substantial
- Mustard-marinated lamb back strap, kohlrabi purée, basil and mint pesto, herb crumble, tarragon jus 26 / 35
- Roast corn-fed duck breast, cherries, beetroot, duck parfait, pistachio crumble 36
- Hopkins River eye fillet steak, celeriac purée, caramelised onion, purple potato, carrot, red wine jus 29 / 42
- Tortellini of Meredith goats cheese, pea purée, broad beans, asparagus, zucchini, peas, preserved lemon 23 / 29
- Fish of the day (Market Price)
Accompaniments from the garden
- Fried Lebanese eggplant, pomegranate molasses, sesame seeds 9
- Papas arrugadas; Canary Island-style salted baby potatoes, mojo verde 8
- Seasonal green salad, garden herbs, green vegetables, pistachio, herb dressing 9.50
- Passion fruit sorbet, yoghurt mousse, mango, chocolate textures, passion fruit and almond crumble 16.50
- Kennedy and Wilson dark chocolate, coconut parfait, banana, peanut, caramel 16.50
- Almond financier, summer berries, elderflower cream, berry and hibiscus sorbet 16.50
- Affogato: Vanilla bean ice cream, espresso, Frangelico, vanilla and hazelnut biscuits 16.50
- Sault’s selection of regional and Spanish sourced cheese with condiments and breads (3 cheeses) 19.50
- * All desserts may contain nuts, please advise of any nut allergy when ordering dessert so that we can alter it if possible.
Tea & Coffee
Sault uses UTZ certified sustainable coffee beans
- Espresso 3.70
- Latte, Flat White, Cappuccino, Long Black, or Macchiato 4.20 (50c extra for soy milk)
- Iced Coffee / Iced Chocolate 6.70
- Hot Chocolate 5.00
- Tea – English breakfast, Earl Grey 4.20
- Herbal Tea – Lemongrass and Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Lavender and Daintree, or Green 4.50
Dessert Wines & After Dinner
- Telmo Rodriguez ‘MR’ Moscatel 60ml / 500ml, Spain 15/82.50
- De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ 60ml / 375ml, NSW 11.00/56.00
- Patrizi Moscato D’Asti, DOCG – Piedmont, Italy 9.50/39.00
- Port, Muscat, 60ml 10.50
- Rutherglen Tokay 60ml 11.50
- Pedro Ximenez 60ml 12.50
- 12 year aged Tawny Port 60ml 12.50
- Penfolds Grandfather Port 60ml 18.00
- Courvoisier Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Hennessy Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Amaretto, Avellanas, Armagnac, Baileys, Calvados, Cointreau, Frangelico or Nocello – 30ml 9.50/45ml 12.50
Our tasting menu is crafted following traditional recipes of the Spanish gastronomy and inspired by ancient cookbooks and techniques, designed by our head chef Santiago Fernandez. View the Sault Tasting Menu or the Tasting Menu with dietary info. Tasting menu changes every few weeks.
Sault is committed to using and sourcing only the freshest quality produce available. Due to seasonal inconsistencies, occasionally dishes may need to be substituted or altered.
Sault is a proud member of the Daylesford Macedon Produce Group.
AMEX card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge