Showcasing our fabulous regional produce, entice yourself with our seasonally changing, Modern Australian cuisine.
As our menus are changed seasonally, some items may vary.
Sault Autumn Menu
If you have any allergies or dietary intolerance’s, please see our dietary menu with further details on menu ingredients.
Looking for our Tasting Menus?
3 Course choice menu (Select from First, Second, Third OR two from First, one from Second) $75pp
- Candied mixed nuts, rosemary, chili and Murry river salt 4.50
- Mediterranean-style marinated olives 4.50
- Pork croquette, pickled garden vegetables, mustard leaf (2 per serve) 11.50
- Clarence river prawn, pork fat, puffed wild rice, tobiko, finger lime
- Charred autumn vegetable salad, Meredith goats curd, smoked and cured egg yolk
- Spanner Crab salad, crab croquette, avocado, mango, curry oil
- Lavender-smoked squab, spring roll of confit duck leg, goats curd, elderberry
- Pan-fried barramundi fillet, confit potatoes, BBQ capsicum, hazelnut romesco, capers
- Hopkins River eye fillet (served medium rare), oxtail wonton, mushroom ketchup, charred sweetcorn, lovage
- Free-range pork, black barley, nashi pear, garden brassicas, fennel pollen, pork jus
- Pithivier of leek, mushroom, and tellegio cheese, mushroom ketchup, charred sweetcorn, lovage
Accompaniments from the garden
- Butter roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary 9
- Seasonal salad leaves, red quinoa, seeds, pear and sherry dressing 9
- Garden rhubarb and almond tart, orange blossom gel, toasted almond ice-cream
- Fig leaf parfait, hazelnut sable, fig jam, fig and port purée
- Chocolate tart, white rum ganache, coffee crumb, poached pear
- Selection of artisan Australian cheese with fruit chutney and lavosh
- House-made ice-cream and/or sorbets with various pastry garnish
Tea & Coffee
Sault uses UTZ certified sustainable coffee beans
- Espresso 4.00
- Latte, Flat White, Cappuccino, Long Black, or Macchiato 4.50 (50c extra for soy milk)
- Iced Coffee / Iced Chocolate 6.70
- Hot Chocolate 5.00
- Tea – English breakfast, Earl Grey 4.20
- Herbal Tea – Lemongrass and Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Lavender and Daintree, or Green 4.50
Dessert Wines & After Dinner
- Telmo Rodriguez ‘MR’ Moscatel 60ml / 500ml, Spain 15/82.50
- De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ 60ml / 375ml, NSW 11.00/56.00
- Patrizi Moscato D’Asti, DOCG – Piedmont, Italy 9.50/39.00
- Port, Muscat, 60ml 10.50
- Rutherglen Tokay 60ml 11.50
- Pedro Ximenez 60ml 12.50
- 12 year aged Tawny Port 60ml 12.50
- Penfolds Grandfather Port 60ml 18.00
- Courvoisier Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Hennessy Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Amaretto, Armagnac, Baileys, Cointreau, Frangelico – 30ml 9.50/45ml 12.50
Tasting menu changes every few weeks.
- Autumn 3 Course Menu 2018 (includes glossary)
- Autumn 3 Course Menu 2018 with Dietary Info
- Autumn Tasting Menu 2018 with Dietary info
- Autumn Tasting Menu 2018 Vegetarian
- Autumn Tasting Menu 2018 Vegetarian with Dietary info
Photography by Noah Esposito @melbourne_food_finds, ceramics by Bridget Bodenham
Sault is committed to using and sourcing only the freshest quality produce available. Due to seasonal inconsistencies, occasionally dishes may need to be substituted or altered.
Sault is a proud member of the Daylesford Macedon Produce Group.
AMEX card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge