Showcasing our fabulous regional produce, entice yourself with our seasonally changing, Modern Australian cuisine.
As our menus are changed seasonally, some items may vary.
Sault Winter Menu
If you have any allergies or dietary intolerance’s, please see our dietary menu with further details on menu ingredients.
Looking for our Tasting Menus?
- 3 course choice menu $80pp (Select one from First/Second, one from Third and Fourth OR two from First/Second and one from Third)
- 4 course choice menu $95pp (Select one from each course)
- Beef carpaccio, garden radish, Reggiano cheese, horseradish
- Cured Kingfish, finger lime, wild rice, truffle, lemon
- Heirloom beetroots, Holy Goat piccolo cheese, basil, Pedro Ximénez glaze
- Scallops, squid ink, avruga caviar, chili
- Tortellini of leek and ricotta, lavender and ricotta whey foam, black olive
- Quail breast, pancetta-wrapped quail leg, sprouts, black barley, quail egg, pickled walnut, quince aioli
- Market fish, potato crisps, fennel ketchup, nasturtium berry, leaves
- Hopkins River Beef eye fillet (served medium rare), baby onions, peat whiskey mustard, Jerusalem artichoke, beef jus
- Tuki lamb loin and confit belly, spring onion, black garlic, legumes, shoots and flowers
- Black barley, mushrooms, vine leaves, smoked almonds, preserved lemon
Accompaniments from the garden
- Local farm potatoes, garlic and rosemary 9
- Sault garden salad, radish, sherry dressing 9
- Sault garden vegetables, Holy Goat fromage, smoked-cured egg yolk 10
- Butter milk bavarois, citrus, mastic, kataifi, Des O’Tooles honey
- Fromage d’Affinois, caramelised onion and bee pollen ice-cream, Waldorf garnish
- ‘The truffle’; Chocolate soil, chestnut, hazelnut, truffled honey, quince
- Rose, rhubarb, vanilla and panna cotta
- Select from below two (2) artisan cheese with apple, pickled walnut, quince and lavosh (If you wish you may add additional portion at 9.50 per cheese)
- Shaw River Buffalo cheese – ‘Annie Baxter’ buffalo milk pecorino – Shaw River, VIC
- Papillon Roquefort – Blue, ewe’s milk – Aveyron, France
- Holy Goat – ‘Nectar’, goat and cow’s milk – Sutton Grange Organic – VIC
Tea & Coffee
Sault uses UTZ certified sustainable coffee beans, served with a sweet treat.
- Espresso 4.00
- Latte, Flat White, Cappuccino, Long Black, or Macchiato 4.50 (50c extra for soy milk)
- Iced Coffee / Iced Chocolate 6.70
- Hot Chocolate 5.00
- Tea – English breakfast, Earl Grey 4.20
- Herbal Tea – Lemongrass and Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Lavender and Daintree, or Green 4.50
Dessert Wines & After Dinner
- Telmo Rodriguez ‘MR’ Moscatel 60ml / 500ml, Spain 16/82.50
- De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ 60ml / 375ml, NSW 14/60
- Patrizi Moscato D’Asti, DOCG – Piedmont, Italy 11/42
- Port, Muscat, 60ml 10.50
- Rutherglen Tokay 60ml 11.50
- Pedro Ximenez 60ml 14
- 12 year aged Tawny Port 60ml 12.50
- Penfolds Grandfather Port 60ml 18.00
- Courvoisier Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Hennessy Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Amaretto, Armagnac, Baileys, Cointreau, Frangelico – 30ml 9.50/45ml 12.50
Tasting menu changes every few weeks.
- Winter 3 Course Menu 2018 (includes glossary)
- Winter 3 Course Menu 2018 with Dietary Info
- Winter Tasting Menu 2018
- Winter Tasting Menu 2018 with Dietary info
- Winter Tasting Menu 2018 Vegetarian
- Winter Tasting Menu 2018 Vegetarian with Dietary info
Sault is committed to using and sourcing only the freshest quality produce available. Due to seasonal inconsistencies, occasionally dishes may need to be substituted or altered.
Sault is a proud member of the Daylesford Macedon Produce Group.
AMEX card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge