Showcasing our fabulous regional produce, entice yourself with our seasonally changing, Modern Australian cuisine.
As our menus are changed seasonally, some items may vary.
Sault Autumn Menu
The word tapas means ‘cover’ and comes from the old Spanish tradition of covering drinks in bars and restaurants with a piece of bread or a slice of jamon to stop flies and insects from taking a sip. Enjoy our tapas and other items produced by the chefs at Sault, led by our Spanish-born head chef, Santiago Nine-Fernandez.
If you have any allergies or dietary intolerance’s, please see our dietary menu with further details on menu ingredients.
Looking for our Tasting Menus?
3 course choice menu (First, Second, Third) $55
3 course choice menu (two from First, one from Second) $60
- Baked almonds, Murray River salt, honey, chili 3.75
- Mediterranean-style marinated olives 3.75
- Duck liver parfait, Pedro Ximenez jelly, brioche 12.50
- Bomba rice, Clarence River prawn, hazelnut romesco, prawn essence
- Sautéed mushrooms, 63°C free range egg, smoked-potato foam, purple potato crisp (served with or without Gran Reserva jamon)
- Grilled Octopus, confit potatoes, black garlic aioli, edamame, paprika oil
- Soft taco of Moorish-style chicken, Pimiento de Padrón, mojo verde, avocado, coriander, corn tortilla
- John Dory fillet and scallop brioche sandwich, parsley root, avruga cav
- Slow-cooked (3 days) Sher wagyu beef brisket, spinach, Pedro Ximenez, celeriac, kale
- Roast corn-fed duck breast, carrot and bergamot, sweet spice crumble, ice plant
- Cauliflower gnocchi, pea, lemongrass, tempura zucchini flower stuffed with Meredith goats cheese and garden herbs, aloe vera and ginger
Accompaniments from the garden
- Roast potatoes, garlic, rosemary 9
- Seasonal green salad, fennel, orange, olive, sherry vinegar dressing 9
- Pastel vasco, Morello cherry sorbet, house-made cherry liquor
- Buñuelos: Spanish chocolate cinnamon doughnuts, passion fruit sorbet, white chocolate yoghurt
- Affogato: Vanilla bean ice-cream, espresso, Frangelico, vanilla and hazelnut biscuits
- Sault’s selection of regional and Spanish sourced cheese with condiments and breads
Tea & Coffee
Sault uses UTZ certified sustainable coffee beans
- Espresso 3.70
- Latte, Flat White, Cappuccino, Long Black, or Macchiato 4.20 (50c extra for soy milk)
- Iced Coffee / Iced Chocolate 6.70
- Hot Chocolate 5.00
- Tea – English breakfast, Earl Grey 4.20
- Herbal Tea – Lemongrass and Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Lavender and Daintree, or Green 4.50
Dessert Wines & After Dinner
- Telmo Rodriguez ‘MR’ Moscatel 60ml / 500ml, Spain 15/82.50
- De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ 60ml / 375ml, NSW 11.00/56.00
- Patrizi Moscato D’Asti, DOCG – Piedmont, Italy 9.50/39.00
- Port, Muscat, 60ml 10.50
- Rutherglen Tokay 60ml 11.50
- Pedro Ximenez 60ml 12.50
- 12 year aged Tawny Port 60ml 12.50
- Penfolds Grandfather Port 60ml 18.00
- Courvoisier Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Hennessy Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Amaretto, Avellanas, Armagnac, Baileys, Calvados, Cointreau, Frangelico or Nocello – 30ml 9.50/45ml 12.50
Our tasting menu is crafted following traditional recipes of the Spanish gastronomy and inspired by ancient cookbooks and techniques, designed by our head chef Santiago Fernandez. View the Autumn Tasting Menu or the Autumn Tasting Menu with Dietary info version. We also now have a Autumn Vegetarian Tasting Menu or the Autumn Vegetarian Tasting Menu with Dietary Info.
Tasting menu changes every few weeks.
- Autumn 3 Course Menu 2017 (includes glossary)
- Autumn 3 Course Menu 2017 with Dietary Info
- Autumn Tasting Menu 2017
- Autumn Tasting Menu 2017 with Dietary info
- Autumn Tasting Menu 2017 Vegetarian
- Autumn Tasting Menu 2017 Vegetarian with Dietary info
Sault is committed to using and sourcing only the freshest quality produce available. Due to seasonal inconsistencies, occasionally dishes may need to be substituted or altered.
Sault is a proud member of the Daylesford Macedon Produce Group.
AMEX card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge