Showcasing our fabulous regional produce, entice yourself with our seasonally changing, Modern Australian cuisine.
As our menus are changed seasonally, some items may vary.
Sault Summer/Autumn Menu
The word tapas means ‘cover’ and comes from the old Spanish tradition of covering drinks in bars and restaurants with a piece of bread or a slice of jamon to stop flies and insects from taking a sip. Enjoy our tapas and other items produced by the chefs at Sault, led by our Spanish-born head chef, Santiago Nine-Fernandez.
If you have any allergies or dietary intolerance’s, please see our dietary menu with further details on menu ingredients.
Looking for our Tasting Menus?
- Baked almonds, Murray River salt, honey, chili 3.75
- Mediterranean-style marinated olives 3.75
- Duck liver parfait, Pedro Ximenez jelly, brioche 12.50
Tapas from the paddock
- Soft taco of Moorish-style chicken, Pimiento de Padrón, mojo verde, avocado, coriander, corn tortilla (2 per serve) 13.50
- Seared spice-cured kangaroo loin, enoki mushrooms, soy, native pepper, chives 13.50
- Wild rabbit and pork terrine, bacon, pickled vegetables, sweet mustard, dill, sourdough 14
Tapas from the sea
- Catalan flat bread, Spanish gourmet baby sardines, tomato, pickled onion, piquillo pepper sorbet 11
- Spanner crab and king prawn tartar, cucumber, avocado, green tomato gazpacho, avruga caviar 17
- Grilled octopus, confit potato, black garlic aioli, edamame bean, smoked paprika, olive oil 17.50
Tapas from the garden
- Roast King brown mushroom, pine nut, house-made smoked ricotta, Argan oil 10.50
- Organic tomatoes, tomato consommé, basil, black olive lavosh 10.50
- Sourdough-tempura organic zucchini flower, stuffed with Manchego cheese and roast leek, hazelnut romesco 9.50
Something more substantial
- Roast corn-fed duck breast, blood plum, beetroot, duck liver parfait, pistachio 36
- Slow-cooked (3 days) Sher wagyu beef brisket, charred lettuce, San Simon cheese, Cantabrian anchovy, liquid salad 38
- Mt.Beckworth free-range suckling pig, green apple, cider, celery, aioli 38
- Cauliflower gnocchi, pea, lemongrass, zucchini, aloe vera and ginger 31
- Fish of the day (Market Price)
Accompaniments from the garden
- Potato churros; Potato, cured Mahon cheese, brava sauce, aioli 8.50
- Green beans with chorizo crumbs, spring onions, cashews, poached quail egg 9.50
- Seasonal green salad, garden herbs, green vegetables, pistachio, herb dressing 9
- Arroz con leche – Spanish rice pudding; Cinnamon dulce de leche, mochi, verbena ice cream, apricot, puffed rice 15
- Fig, berries and roses, almond cake, fig leaf ice cream 15
- Passion fruit sorbet, aerated yoghurt, mango, white chocolate textures, passion fruit and almond crumble 15
- Affogato: Vanilla bean ice-cream, espresso, Frangelico, vanilla and hazelnut biscuits 16.50
- Sault’s selection of regional and Spanish sourced cheese with condiments and breads (3 cheeses) 23.50
- * All desserts may contain nuts, please advise of any nut allergy when ordering dessert so that we can alter it if possible.
Tea & Coffee
Sault uses UTZ certified sustainable coffee beans
- Espresso 3.70
- Latte, Flat White, Cappuccino, Long Black, or Macchiato 4.20 (50c extra for soy milk)
- Iced Coffee / Iced Chocolate 6.70
- Hot Chocolate 5.00
- Tea – English breakfast, Earl Grey 4.20
- Herbal Tea – Lemongrass and Ginger, Peppermint, Chamomile, Lavender and Daintree, or Green 4.50
Dessert Wines & After Dinner
- Telmo Rodriguez ‘MR’ Moscatel 60ml / 500ml, Spain 15/82.50
- De Bortoli ‘Noble One’ 60ml / 375ml, NSW 11.00/56.00
- Patrizi Moscato D’Asti, DOCG – Piedmont, Italy 9.50/39.00
- Port, Muscat, 60ml 10.50
- Rutherglen Tokay 60ml 11.50
- Pedro Ximenez 60ml 12.50
- 12 year aged Tawny Port 60ml 12.50
- Penfolds Grandfather Port 60ml 18.00
- Courvoisier Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Hennessy Cognac 45ml 16.00
- Amaretto, Avellanas, Armagnac, Baileys, Calvados, Cointreau, Frangelico or Nocello – 30ml 9.50/45ml 12.50
Our tasting menu is crafted following traditional recipes of the Spanish gastronomy and inspired by ancient cookbooks and techniques, designed by our head chef Santiago Fernandez. View the Summer/Autumn Tasting Menu or the Summer/Autumn Tasting Menu Dietary version. We also now have a Summer/Autumn Vegetarian Tasting Menu too. Tasting menu changes every few weeks.
- Sault Summer/Autumn Menu 2017 (includes glossary)
- Sault Summer/Autumn Menu 2017 with Dietary Info
- Sault Summer/Autumn Tasting Menu 2017
- Sault Summer/Autumn Tasting Menu 2017 with Dietary info
- Sault Summer/Autumn Tasting Menu 2017 Vegetarian
Sault is committed to using and sourcing only the freshest quality produce available. Due to seasonal inconsistencies, occasionally dishes may need to be substituted or altered.
Sault is a proud member of the Daylesford Macedon Produce Group.
AMEX card payments will incur a 2.5% surcharge