Virtual Hug Time from our family to you!
As we cannot be together for the moment we wanted to send something into your home. A little bit of Sault at Home.
If you do live in our region these scones will be available fresh each weekend In our Produce store, pre orders available.
Something sweet to enjoy after a day of working from home or to look forward to on the weekend, Our Sault Scones, as made by the beautiful Bec Davern and served on our menu at Sault.
We hope you enjoy. If you want to add a touch of our Sault vibes you can by adding approx 2 grams of dry lavender buds to the mix (we use the food grade, nothing that has been sprayed with chemicals)
If you like you can share some pics of how your scones at home are being enjoyed by sending them to the Sault Instagram account, we will be sharing these each week.
Sending out love today and we look forward to seeing you all soon,
Love Jodi, Damien, Max and Lilly and the team at Sault
Here is the scone recipe to go with the beautiful shots attached taken by Simone from Crumbs of a foodie, scenic shot by Brenton Weihrauch (Brenton captures).
Makes approx. 12 scones
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup lemon squash (lift)
- 1 cup pouring cream
- Use spatula to lightly mix (the less you work the mix the lighter the scones).
- Dust lightly with flour make into rectangle shape cut down the middle with spatula then across giving you 12.
- Place onto baking tray lined with baking paper and brush lightly with a little cream before cooking.
- Cook at 180 degrees for 16 to 20min.
To make lavender scones, we can post out the cooking lavender to you, please call Sault on 5348 6555 to order.
Enjoy with jam and cream.
With love the team at Sault.